Saturday, July 30, 2011

I'm happy about...


I've always been a homebody - so coming home from holiday makes me happy.
It's the small random events that I find myself smiling about.


 We picked up the dog from boarding school on the way home from the airport.  She was in fine fettle and all white and fluffy after her wash.

 I love my niece's hair done up in this donut bun. A true rival for SJP.

Just to keep the flavors of Bali going I have been nibbling on these ginger toffees that I bought at Cafe Bali.

I had the misfortune to lose my Olympus Tough camera on my last day in Bali.  I have taken the opportunity, in my camera-less state, to rethink my camera needs.
I considered going down the SLR path and plan to do so soon, but I need a camera that fits into my pocket and can just point and shoot when I need it. Hence the purchase of the canon s95.  It has the option of customised settings when I want to explore white balance and aperture etc but I can use the auto function and get great shots on the fly.  Much of my photography is "quickly grab the camera and take a pic" so I'm happy with this purchase. The low light setting is fantastic and I put it to good use taking shots of my niece before her formal.
The s95 will be a good back up camera when I finally buy an SLR.
Farewell Olympus... you served me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me everything!