Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm happy about...

I have been taking the opportunity whilst the students are on holidays to sew a few exemplars for our lessons next term.  The shopping tote bag lends itself to individual expression with embellishment on the pocket and I resurrected my applique skills to show a variety of styles.  It will be typical of the students to think outside the box and come up with their own unique art work - its always a joy to see.

Owl shopping bag


Retro lining

Development for applique.
Getting those straps even!
My fabric treasure.


A nice cup of tea shopping bag



I made this boxy make up pouch with a style of applique that is finished with free stitching on the sewing machine with the feed dogs down. I made the pouch twice the size as the pattern instructions because I wanted a rather large pouch.

tools of the trade make up pouch

 It's all about the lining!  It should always be a little surprise.


After all that sewing all I could manage for Sunday night was pancakes - new tradition!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me everything!