Monday, January 17, 2011

Arty little soft creations


Ever since I was young I have made soft little creatures to cheer me up. I have been through many phases of partiality to different styles – calico teddy bears, American folk dolls, Easter rabbits and now I’m into quirky characters that are a bit bizarre. I also like the Japanese style of crochet or knitted little fellows called Amigurumi.
I usually make my own softies but I also love collecting the work of others. It is on my “TO DO” list to make one of the Amigarumi fellows but as I am in Japan at the moment I have been scouring the unusual little art and gift shops for some little friends.            
Here are my latest additions.
Madu and Red Belle
 Some of my own creations are inspired by my son's art work.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me everything!